Drones and Data in
Public Safety and Disaster Management
UAV Task Force Workshops: Call for Partnerships
#Drones have been proven time and again to be extremely effective in providing timely and accurate geospatial data and live aerial imagery, absolutely necessary when responding to emergencies. Inadequate number of trained local experts always slows down the response and makes it less impactful.
India Flying Labs and their partners (both in India and in the global FL network) have responded to several disasters using drones and we have trained at least 150 students and professionals in Drones and Data for Disasters (through in-person workshops) and at least 100 more individuals through our online learning platform (Global Alliance on Drones in Development) over the last 4 years.
We will be organizing a series of in-person workshops and drills for UAV Task Force with the theme 'Drones and Data for Public Safety and Disaster Management' across #India between April and June 2022 (before the next flood season).
To make these workshops most effective and maximizing our reach, we need:
State Operations Leaders:
- To take full responsibility of organizing the workshop and drills in their respective states; must be a local, be well aware about the local culture, language and vulnerabilities and must have a strong social and professional network in the state
- To provide their location, preferably a building with a ground attached in a green zone, with minimal crowd
- To provide certified and policy-compliant camera drones (nano/micro/small) for practice during the workshops and drills
GIS/ UTM/ UOM Partners:
- To provide your software program for practice
-To provide certified drone trainers for the programs and co-certify the participants for successful completion of courses
- To help us reach out to the potential course participants and key stakeholders in government, non-profits, security agencies, universities and corporates
To help us secure an operational funding, in exchange of branding and PR, or if possible, short-term grants
Lead Organizers: Caerobotics
Program Partners: India Flying Labs
Open Learning Platform: Global Alliance on Drones in Development
Apply: If this is something that interests you, please submit the form here.
(Form closes on March 10 2022)
Please write to Dr Ruchi Saxena (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any clarification.